James Garner April 7, 1928 - July 19, 2014

James Garner April 7, 1928 - July 19, 2014
James Garner April 7, 1928 - July 19, 2014 He wanted to be remembered with a smile.

The Garner Files

The Garner Files
If you've read this book, click the image and tell the publisher what you thought about it. If you haven't read this book, what are you waiting for!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Agree?

I think I must agree, although sometimes I think TV has gone a bit too far trying to be like movies because In my opinion, movies went way too far a long time ago.

HW: It used to be that television wasn't something everybody wanted to do, but that's changed. Why do you think so many actors are doing TV now?

EI: I've studied that from the beginning just because I s interested in acting and Hollywood and films, and I think the first three that made it across were Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood and James Garner There wasn't supposed to be a bridge there. I think it's because the writers were given the power to run the thing. They became the executive producers, so some really good writers said, ""Hey, I'm going to write some stuff and produce it too."" Like with The Sopranos, it was like, ""Okay, get out there and do edgy, dark, interesting, real life, independent film feeling television. Put it out there."" So they did this and then good actors thought, ""I'm going to do some of this stuff."" Then the bridge started going backwards and forwards and it almost feels like a level bridge now.

No comments:

Post a Comment