James Garner April 7, 1928 - July 19, 2014

James Garner April 7, 1928 - July 19, 2014
James Garner April 7, 1928 - July 19, 2014 He wanted to be remembered with a smile.

The Garner Files

The Garner Files
If you've read this book, click the image and tell the publisher what you thought about it. If you haven't read this book, what are you waiting for!

Monday, October 31, 2011

The Rap Sheet - Grilling Garner

The Rap Sheet: Grilling Garner

Friday, October 28, 2011

Grilling Garner

Chalk this up as the highlight of my year: my recent opportunity--which, of course, I took--to interview James Garner.
Jim and his step-mother, Grace Bumgarner

JKP: Are you still taking on-screen acting jobs?


JG: I’m officially retired, and you can quote me on that. (Unless something really juicy comes along.)


JKP: Where were you last month when you heard that your brother Jack had passed away? It was always fun to spot him on the screen with you. [He played Captain McEnroe in Rockford and Jack the Bartender in Bret Maverick, among other roles.] I hope he had a fine send-off.


JG: I was home in Los Angeles. Jack and I were pals as well as brothers. We always had fun working together--one of the things Jack was proudest of was that he’d earned a SAG [Screen Actors Guild] pension. And we played a lot of golf together over the years--Jack was also a golf professional and a very good player.


There was a wonderful memorial service where people got up and told stories about him, most of them funny, because Jack had a great sense of humor. I miss him.

JKP: Finally, what’s the most important thing you’ve learned in 83 years?


JG: I’m still learning!


Posted by J. Kingston Pierce at 7:01 AM
 Read the entire interview on
The Rap Sheet: Grilling Garner


Read the Kirkus Review of The Garner Files - James Garner: Leading Man To Legend
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment