James Garner April 7, 1928 - July 19, 2014

James Garner April 7, 1928 - July 19, 2014
James Garner April 7, 1928 - July 19, 2014 He wanted to be remembered with a smile.

The Garner Files

The Garner Files
If you've read this book, click the image and tell the publisher what you thought about it. If you haven't read this book, what are you waiting for!

Saturday, December 24, 2011



mavrock1:
JAMI FLOYD’S REVIEW got picked up on “THIRD AGE”
I know exactly how Jami Floyd felt when she admitted to some trepidation reading the memoirs of a man she had idolized most of her life. I have idolized James Garner for most of my life too, only I’m a lot older than Jami. I was a kid when Maverick hit the air in 1957, and that’s when I developed my very first crush - on James Garner.
Like Jami, as I matured my crush matured into great admiration for Jim Garner as a person and an incredibly gifted actor. Sure, he’s handsome, but there’s a lot more to it than that. There are lots of handsome men in Hollywood - maybe not as handsome as Garner, but attractive nonetheless. Still, they never moved me. I’m not a Star Chaser either, and actually there has never been another star that I would walk across the street to see - seriously. Only James Garner.
I wasn’t really worried when I started reading The Garner Files, because, while I would have been as devastated as Jami if Garner had turned out to be a self-absorbed jerk, I didn’t expect that to happen. From the first time I ever saw him in Maverick, I was absolutely sure Jim Garner was a good man. I just knew. And I was right.
The book is wonderful although it held few real surprises for an old fan like me, there were details I didn’t know of course, and I found it all interesting. There were funny parts, sad parts, and everything in between.
Through it all, though, I found that Jim Garner was exactly who I had believed him to be for all these years, only - to quote Jon Winokur - “better.”
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment